Saturday, November 30, 2013

I Thank You

I want to thank you.
Thank you 

Thanksgiving Day has come and gone. Those who were able came to Callye’s house to share food and enjoy each other’s company. My nephew who is in the Army and stationed at Fort Hood made a surprise visit and joined us for dinner. Bryce came in and Bernie’s family was all here.
Surprise! My nephew dropped by for dinner!

Ty and Jenn went to Utah to celebrate with her family. My sister cooked dinner for my parents who were joined by my other nephew and his wife. My brother and his family celebrated with loved ones at home.
We had a feast!

Although we weren’t all at the same place at the same time, we are still connected. We are family.

I’m grateful for the ties we have as family. I know I can count on any of them as they know they can count on me. Sure we have our disagreements. Sometimes we don’t even like each other. But we always love one another. And that is truly something for which to give thanks.

You didn't have to love me like you did,
But you did, but you did. 
And I thank you. 

All I’ve wanted to do this holiday break is knit or crochet or make something. I’ve been into instant gratification with the ruffled scarves out of the netted yarn. Easy and fairly quick, although I discovered crochet is a lot faster on these. The knitted are a lot fuller but they do take a bit longer.
Ruffled scarves for fun.
What am I going to do with all of them? I actually wore one! The rest? I’m not sure yet. But I’m having fun making them. I’m already dreading having to go back to work!

You got me trying new things too
Just so I can keep up with you. 

And I thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment