Friday, April 2, 2010

Dust In The Wind

It’s so windy outside. It’s awful. You go outside and you’re just beat. Your clothes go one way, your hair the other. And if you happen to have anything in your hand you’d better be hanging on! I only went out on the porch one time today because it was so nasty.

There’s a poem my grandmother used to read to us.

“WHO HAS SEEN THE WIND ?
BY: CHRISTINA ROSSETTI
Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you:
But when the leaves hang trembling
The wind is passing thro'
Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I:
But when the trees bow down their heads
The wind is passing by.

If someone asked me if I’ve seen the wind I could probably answer with an honest ‘yes’. There aren’t too many trees but the dust and the tumbleweeds fly by! I get so tired of it. I heard once that there was a correlation between wind and suicide. I don’t know if that’s correct or not but I could see how it could drive you to something drastic. Me, I just stay in the house unless I have to go out.

I don’t know if windblown is a mood but that’s what I felt today. I chose a fun fur, dark brown, because of my hair blowing in the wind.



It’s interesting how life might be compared to the wind. Like the wind, life blows right by. There are times when things are going smoothly, like a gentle breeze. There are others when life is almost too much, like a hurricane, blowing and destroying everything around you. And sometimes you might find out nothing worked as you planned and you aren’t in Kansas anymore. The thing to remember? There is always tomorrow. Always a time to start again. As the wind blows.

Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
Dust in the wind, everything is dust in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment